things not looking so great for intel lately

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol, freakin Intel. As I've said....marketing whores, and now it's catching up to them.

As I've also been saying, AMD is comin up, focusin on performance and not marketing.

Go AMD!

I"m not doing anything but putting up a link to a article....that is all....take it anyway you want to. Oh and btw my laptop has an intel p4 3ghz in it.

My dads laptop is an Intel......sucks compared to my moms laptop with the 2400+ XP-M in it :p

I agree....I got it with an intel to see how it would pair up against AMD's that I have always owned.....its ok.....does what it is supposed to.....just doesnt feel like 3ghz to me. Its ok...its my wifes and she wanted/uses it all the time anyways. I like my desktop.:)

I like my desktop.
Here here! I'll drink to that! :p

Ya know I've found that that BIOS that you have has worked the best thus far on my system, however I'm using the CPC off....wonder if the CPC ON would have any impact on the RAMs performance?

Damn RAM ran at 245 for 6 hours 51 minutes then errored in prime95.

5 BIOS flashes later (yes I'm serious of that many lol) I came back to the merlin one you have except CPC-Off and it wouldn't do 240 past one minute. Thing is bugging me now! Grrr

But I did swap it to slots 1&3 from my original 2&3 so perhaps 2&3 just works out better for my system. Also I'm thinking I can't hit 250MHz because I'm using a gig kit instead of 512mb like you so I don't think my comp wants to handle that much data transfer lol.

But I ordered some thermal epoxy with that bigwater so I can get my SB heatsink to stay (it freakin fell off when the system was on! Glad it didnt hit anything) so yeah, I'm gonna epoxy all my little microsinks on my board. Perhaps that'll make some sort of diff

Yeah, it's depressing though =/

This just proves overclocking is a drug lol I should be happy with DDR480 in my socket A system with 1gb of it at that, but noooo you always want more!

I got 3696/3440 in sandra with the CPC-ON vs like 3654/3378 with CPC-Off, lets see how long it holds in prime though =/

Also I wonder if the NB mod would help it out. I'd like to bring it down to 1.4 in the BIOS then volt mod it up to 1.7, so that way I basically have a selection of 1.7-2.0 and it just might help get that 250, but I'm terrified of trying it now lol after frying that other board, although if I just measure the voltage from spot 2 instead of 1, there's nothing for it to spark against

EDIT: Checking that link now. I've seen them use similar liquid that I thought was called something like Hydrofluoride that's the same thing. Doesn't conduct electricity....I need some of that in my liquid cooling kit so I don't have to worry about leaks :p except I believe it's expensive as all hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom