Running SLOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have, right now, AMD 750 and ME, and mine runs really slow. People would even recommend 98SE over ME, as long as you have the unnofial service pack, which I don't have a clue what it is, as I have a copy of XP for my new pc and wont be needing my 98 disk

Zolxy,

What brand is your computer? Or, if it is custom built, what is your motherboard?

If you don't know, download Belarc Advisor (((Link to download Advisor))). It's free, so don't sweat it. Run it, and print the results.

Go to the manufacturer's website and look up the specs for your motherboard. Look for the socket type and the maximum supported CPU size. This way , you know if you can upgrade your CPU, and you know what you can upgrade to.

If upgrading is not a viable solution (max CPU, obsolete parts), check out the inventory at Retrobox.com (http://retrobox.com/rbwww/home/search_results_pc_computers.asp?bin_id=world). The selection may not be cutting edge, but their prices are low enough to justify buying a system for your new hard drive. All of the computers come without an OS, but you already have ME.

oh well.... i know you people are right... my computer is not that modern.. but the thing is that.. when i had the old 20 gb hardisk working fine... and after upgrading to this 80 gb even baracudda why its more slower than that?

Trotter here is it!

Operating System
Windows Millennium Edition (build 4.90.3000)

Processor a
550 megahertz Intel Celeron
32 kilobyte primary memory cache
128 kilobyte secondary memory cache

Main Circuit Board b
Board: i810-W83627
Bus Clock: 100 megahertz
BIOS: Award Software International, Inc. 6.00 PG 07/06/2003

System Model
(No details available)

Memory Modules c,d
64 Megabytes Installed Memory