Laptop + KVM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tavilach

In Runtime
Would there be any way to use a KVM switch with a laptop? Let's say, for example, that I wanted to use a PowerBook with a Linux server...would there be anyway to use a KVM switch to display the server on the PowerBook's screen?

I am NOT talking about running Linux on a PowerBook. I'm talking about KVM stuff.

Thanks!

hmmm. Does your laptop have PS2 ports? If not, try using the KVM and connecting the ends to PS2 to USB adapters.

I don't know how it would work, or if it even would, but if your PC can detect the difference between a mouse and a keyboard on the PS2 end, then it might for USB.

the only way you would be able to do that would b if you have keyboard/mouse out and video in (most likely the opposite of what you have) i would just use an external monitor/keyboard/mouse and run the laptop on those, instead of trying to run the server through the laptop

I don't know what my laptop has, because I haven't bought it yet...haha. But it's going to be a high end PowerBook, so whatever that has, I'll have.

And about the external monitor...I really don't feel the need for two monitors (laptop + external). I'd really want to be able to utilize the PowerBook's wonderful screen for the Linux box!

There is no way to add a keyboard/mouse out and video in with some sort of adapter or add-in or anything?

Thanks!

again, I'd try USB. Just make sure if your dealing with a linux box that you have it switched to the keyboard/mouse when you boot so it can detect it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom