The tower112 is a monster but works!

Status
Not open for further replies.
the wires are still a mess but I wanted to get some pics up as soon as i got done with the bracket mod. Still dosnt look to bad....either way it works and I'm happy with it and please by all means let me know how the h2o goes nubius.

Awesome. Refer to the 'ya know you're a geek when..' thread, think it mentions having multiples of hardware in there :p j/k though, I understand your reasons for it.

Man the NF7-S that was sent as a replacement doesn't have colored RAM slots and the capacitors are all silver, no color coding on them :p

Musta been an early revision or something. Makes me wish I hadn't sparked mine :D

EDIT: Yeah man I'm definitely going to post my results. I'm HOPING to god that I get some good temp drops. Currently they are like 31C idle and 41C full load.

I have a Thermalright SLK-900A heatsink, AS5 (of course :)) and a vantec tornado. Those are pretty good temps as it is, so I'm definitely interested in seeing if the water cooling can better that.

No camera though =/

Cable management is a beeeotch in the midtower cases. Just look at my previous case setup lol:

Picture.jpg

You don't even know how many 'Geh nubius cable management dude' I got, but I'd like to see how well someone could clean up that mess considering it was two optical drives, fan controller, 10 case fans, the tornado, 2 HD's with one SATA at the time. Took me like an hour just to get it THAT good lol

lol....your right about the multiples of hardware....my next major project is to clean out the inside of this case and get all that nasty colored wiring covered and as out of the way as possible. I didnt know that about the nf7-s either b/c I got mine a few months back b/c I was running a asus a7n8x-delux wich I ended up selling. That is odd...it must have happend recently.

Well as you can see in that pic I have the colored slots and whatnot, but my new one looks like the one off the abit website. It has black slots in it too.

I'd rather have a newer one because you gotta figure it'd be better quality, but ehh that's what I get for not having steady hands. It's still doin aright, well actually pretty much the same lol

quote:
EDIT: Yeah man I'm definitely going to post my results. I'm HOPING to god that I get some good temp drops. Currently they are like 31C idle and 41C full load.

I hope you get some temp drops as well b/c those are some sweet temps!! You have given your self a very high bar indeed to shoot for.... And YES i have to agree that cable management in mid-tower is a biotch....I need to get some lessons from Voodoo Pc or Falcon northwest b/c theirs are gorgeous inside....nice and tidy.

You have given your self a very high bar indeed to shoot for....
lol yeah I think I have indeed as my temps are generally cooler than most anyone else who has the exact same setup. You have it, lazerman has it, 4W4K3 has it meaning the Mobile and NF7-S v2 combo

I'm hopin that 2nd Rad really makes a difference and sends that thing into the teens on idle and MAYBE MAYBE MAYBE high 20's on full load, but I really doubt that. 20c idle and 35C full load I guess I would have to consider myself happy.

I need to get some lessons from Voodoo Pc or Falcon northwest b/c theirs are gorgeous inside....nice and tidy.
Yeah I don't get it, I've seen some setups where you swear theres no wires in there at all. It's insane. I guess you gotta have buku patience which I lack :p

Nubius I would love to see you hit those temps. That would be an awesome accomplishment hands down. I do know the pump on the big water is effective but does work slower than others which may prove benificial considering the h20 will have more time in radiator(s) to get nice and cool.

And Yes Voodoo pc and Falcon northwest give any ameture pc builder something to aim towards. They do undoubtedly have specially made versions of pards with exact wire lengths I'm sure to cater to thier cases for perfect organization as well. The benifits of having deeeeeeep pockets....especially at the prices they are charging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom