Mixing RAM Speeds

Status
Not open for further replies.
where do you go on your computer to find out the speed of your RAM becus i to am about to add a GIG. Of RAM To My Laptop. Thanks in advance.

Pilotwings119 said:
. I just dont understand why i should buy pc3200. i mostly only posted this out of curiosity.. [/B]

because in the "long run" you will want faster RAM (you know you will)

so if you buy the pc3200 now.....then later when you ditch the pc2700...you'll be all set to purchase more pc3200 and hence the better buy right now.

it's like keeping the upgrade process in motion.

why go back, when you can go forward?

the rosewill may be abetter price, but mushkin is a good brand, and it is known throughout the tech world. so isn't corsair, kingston, OCZ. mushkin is the cheapest of the bunch I believe. they are all good brands that users here will reccomend. I can't say anything against rosewill though, since I never had any.

but the 3200 is better because in the future you will be able to use it.
right now, the pc2700 is not using you fsb to its full potential. the celeron has a 400mhz fsb ( i am pretty sure it does) so with pc3200 memory you will use the fsb to its potential, and if you upgrade, you will have some memory to use that is pretty good.

TwinMOS provides some of the cheapest and best OC'ing RAM out there....AND they dont even have heatspreaders ;)

That even furthers the gap in the debate between if heat spreaders actually do anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom