Case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well for 100$ you can find something better. I wouldent good over board trying to find a case that can hold 2 fans in the front. Those fans are always Intake, but since your hard drive is rite their, along with the hard drive container. Your Intake fans arent going to do much. That air comes in cool, since its moveing quick, but by the time it reaches your mobo area, the air turns pretty sour. Most cases have one fan in the front, witch is enough. All those fans can really do is cool your HD, so one is enough.

Air cooling, if used properly can really drop your temps. I suggest droping the dual front fan idea, IF you have results in mind. What works the best, is placing Intake fans on your removable side panel. That blows air striaght to your CPU/Mobo. Simply One 120mm Fan there, would help alot. Exhaust, leave that at the end of your case, or the top of the case. Also you can place Intake on the top. If you want, you can have an Intake and Exhaust on the top. For that placement, your going to need more CFM for Intake, then Exhaust. Even though they wouldent be rite next to each other, you dont want your exhaust sucking your Intake away as sooon as it enters.

This is one of the best sites that offer Modd's and cases. So look around for your case and modd's their. So i hope i helpet you out some.

http://www.frozencpu.com/scan/se=Stock Cases/mp=menu_search_top.html

phosho510 said:
yes, get a case with removable mobo tray. VERY HANDY!

wish i would have for my first build...such a pain without it. it should really be a standard.

Yeah they are indeed nice. I went with a Full tower case instead of a midtower, so now removing my mobo is MUCH easier even without the luxuary of the removable tray, because now I don't have a ton of wires in the way anymore.

But yeah no doubt in the future 4W4K3 I wouldn't be surprised to see it become standard like most people figure the way CPU's are going liquid cooling will be standard unless they devise a new way of computing so less heat is generated

Yeah i payed 150$ for my Thermaltake V1000A and it came with everything except a removable motherboard tray but i dont mind since i barely remove my mothernoard and my case is a full tower, but I love my case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom