I need help with my graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.
try to take out the bios battery,all power conectors and wait for 10 minutes. remove any unnecesary hardware, check the video card if is well inserted, then reconect all power conectors, bios battery and boot, i you secceed, then update your video card drivers maybe any file is corrupted. before you update the drivers, go to control panel, unistall your video card, (dont restart)
go to the folder where the drivers are, delete it adn then reistall the new drivers.
hope you solve your problem:)

or you can just use the reset jumper because on some boards it can take up to 2 days to reset the bios by removing the battery, check your mobo manual to see which jumper resets the bios, but i still think your mobo is fried

I'd like to know about that 8x vs. 4x question myself Keiyentai. I've got a PC that stops booting on the Win XP boot screen, just stalls there. Same in safe mode & I'm using an Abit mobo with a 8X agp slot with a Geforce4 440MX in it. New Mobo with new HD & newly installed Win XP. Had the same problem with old HD & Win ME on it so i added new HD formatted it with XP and now this BS.:mad:

The 4x/8x thing....

It all depends on the mobo.. Some of the newer 8x mobo will only take a 1.5v card and state that very specifically.. They also claim that they are backward compatable to 4x/2x/1x but I haven't found a single card lower than 8x that uses 1.5v.. SO.. Basically what you have to do is look at the specs for the board and make sure that is doesn't give a v. requirement (like 1.5v only). If that restriction is there and you dropped a 3.3v board in.. The mobo is fried..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom