DVD X copy

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMorgan86

Solid State Member
i've just bought a NEC 16X dual layer DVD+-RW drive and am having problems using the DVD X copy program that i have. i dont have any problems ripping the DVD to the hard drive, but when i try and burn it back to my media, I'm prompted to select the source drive (which should be my DVD burner). the program doesn't see my NEC drive. it also wont let me manually enter my drive name. at this point of the program, i cant proceed, and i end up just aborting the mission. it may be as simple as not having my jumpers set properly. i'm not sure. i originally had the DVD burner as the slave, and my CD-ROM as the master. yesterday i reversed that but still have the same problem. any tips would be appreciated from anyone who knows this program.

Antec “Sonata” w/ 380w power
MSI K8T800+VT8237 Neo-FSR
Zalman sink & fan
AMD Athlon 64 3000+
Crucial DDR400 PC3200 2x256
Sharp 19” LCD
40 & 120 gig ultra133 7200rpm HDÂ’s
eVGA Nvidia GeForce FX5500

I had the same thing. You have to go into your settings and tell it which drive is your DVD drive. It thinks your CD Rom is your DVD. Also I would not recommend using DVD Xcopy. It makes low quality burns. It compresses the DVDs too much. I use DVD shrink (free) and nero to burn. You can even use Nero demo to burn but max is 2x in the demo i believe. With DVD shrink you can reauthor your DVDs and take out menus and special features to reduce compression. You can reauthor with DVD Xcopy as well but you have to know the file names. DVD Decrypter is a good ripper (also free). Also DVDXcopy will put on warning messages.

i also downloaded and tried using Deepburner Pro. i'm very new to the DVD burning world, so i' haven't figured it out yet. has anyone used that program? i'll look into the tips in last thread.

Dvd Decrypter and Clone DVD make an excellent and very easy to use burning combo. But you will have to pay for Clone DVD, unless you know how to pirate it.

Dvd decrypter and nero are the best combo for ripping and burning,I use both and have never had a bad burn yet,as for using dvd x-copy it's out dated big time,you might as well throw it in the garbage or use it for a coaster since you will never be able to update it.

so the DVD Decrypter is for ripping to the hard drive, then use clone DVD to burn it back to my blank media? i was unfamiliar with the ripping/burning process.

thats good to know about dvd x copy being out of date. a friend of my gave me the copy and said it was the best burning program around. shows what he knows!!! thanks for all the tips.

on the clone dvd site, they have a download version 3.0.2.5. is that what you're using, or did you purchase it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom