Privileges and Security Permission Settings Through Active Directory

Status
Not open for further replies.

star_topology

In Runtime
I'd like a brief tutorial, or a link to a page where I might be able to accomplish a little more restrictive environment. I understand the basic logic for what I want to accomplish, yet I can't get it to work. Here's my scenario:

Through Active Directory, I want to set a global group of users with restricted access to certain settings and programs, namely Remote Desktop Connection (I had a separate thread that dealt with comp. sci. students using the RDC to bypass the web filter). I can go around each computer and disable the RDC remotely, but I'd like to set it up to where every account name takes on the security/permission settings.

As a note: At my college, the accounts are set up to where even the desktop background is reset after logout. We have a tiny problem with kids changing the mouse cursors and backgrounds here. Any suggestions on how to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance.

just a thought ... create a GP and restrict the "sercvices" associated with remote.

While creating the group policy you might just find what you need to restrict the kiddies.

Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom