msi k8n neo4

Status
Not open for further replies.

aj2003

Daemon Poster
ive got problems with my new board.

1) in running raid0 on my hdds and after the post thingy has gone it goes to a screen where it lets u setup the raid and tells u to press f4 if u wanna go there so thats all dun and sorted but now its still there even though i dont need it and it waits 30secs before continuing to boot its only minor but so so annoying :mad: does any1 know how i can turn this off. ive looked in the bios but cant find the option for it anywhere?

2) ive got 3 120mm fans hooked up so far (1cpu 1 case 1 psu) and the 3 of them cant be heard over 1 tiny little fan on my nforce4 chip. it cant be more than 30mm by 30mm but is so loud. :angry: now i know zalman do a larger heatsink for northbrigde chips

http://www.zalman.co.kr/eng/product/view.asp?idx=71&code=014

as do thermalright

http://www.thermalright.com/a_page/main_product_nb1.htm

BUT now here lies the problem, my 6600gt card is very very close to it so i dont know if i can fit anything else on there. and ive felt it and the heatsink around it is quite hot so i cant just unplug the fan :( any in put on both problems would be nice. thanks

a small pic of where the nforce cooler is :(

Attachments

• 51200003.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 37
Although it is indeed very close I would think the thermalright NB-1 should still fit on there.

But from the picture it's hard to tell how much room you currently have in there as it is being that you're shooting from a top angle down.

Try to get one of the side to see how much room there is.

It's a little out of the way of the card though so it's not directly behind the PCI-E slot, so what part of the card would you think it'd hit?

Capacitors or somethin?

ok heres sum more pics best i could do cos ive only got my p910i to use as a camera
the arrrow is pointing to a small black capacitor thats about 25mm away from the motherboard so the 2 above probably wont fit :(

i have the same problem, but i dont have a gfx card yet . . . hopefully, MSI will email me back what heatsinks can go there

in the mean time, can you test what performance your 6600GT gives in the pci express x16 slot, and then what performance it gives in the pci express x4 slot (two away, it's also yellow)

i dunno if it will fit because there are a couple of transistors there and it is awfully close to the cpu and ram DIMMs . . . but MSI made that slot to do a partial SLI configuration, so my thought is that a pci-e card would fit there . . .

btw, what case are you using? we have almost the same CPU (i have 3000+, you have 3200+) the same PSU, same mobo

and my case has 3 case fans (which are SUPPOSED to be loudest things in the comp)

ahh didnt know u could do that. yea il try it np. atm ive only benched marked using 3dmark01se and got 14700ish but i am using a dual monitor setup as i know that uts alot more strain on the card. i think we could get the thermalright one to fit on becuase of the shape of it the fins on he outside are shorter than those in the middle and een if its just abit off i might try and bend the fins alitttle to get it past that capacitor. il try benchmarking it in the other slot later today cos gotta go to uni now. :)

ok ive just ran 3dmark01se again but this time ive turned my daul monitor config off, and the vtuner o.c prog i got from gigabyte is reading 500/1120 for core and memory. and i scored 21140 points so its gone up alot more than i expected :) im gonna rerun benchmark again see if that result is constant then try the card in the 4x speed slot :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom