CPU
MOBO

What Wanted::cool:
512mb of ram
mobo with 8x AGP
also if possible PCIe
cpu with (optional) HT

Please help me...:confused:

dude, thats not even that much money to even buy a cpu. you need at least 350-400, to buy good and stable cpu, mobo, and ram

actually now that i think about it, at Fry's Electronics they sell Pentium 4 combinations with mobo (i've seen a 3.4 ghz with an ASUS mobo combo) for $200. And they've sold pc3200 ram (512MB) for $50.

Also, just so you know anything will be an improvement for me i'm currentlyr unning:

Pentium 4 1.8 GHZ
Elitegroup Motherboard (VIA)
512mb SDram
80GB 7200 RPM hardrive
350 watt powersupply
ATI-brand Radeon 9800 pro 128MB (Best part of the machine)
I guess I shuldnt' have spent so much on the video card :(
$250...

Also, i'm not familiar with PQi, and i hear that AMDs take a lot out of the power, and considering i have many fans, lights, 2 hard drives, Radeion 9800 pro, SBL 5.1, and Sony CD, DVD, RW, Dual Layer etc. I don't think i will be able to add much more, correct me if i'm wrong.
I've heard of Kingston and Crucial and corsair, thats about it.

I'm also trying to run Half-Life 2, 1280x1024... (19" LCD)

Yeah your setup is soo terrible...
Try overclocking your CPU, some if the intel's around 1.6 to 2.0 ghz were great overclockers, and some 1.6's could reach 2.4 with stock cooling.

I read a Review where they tested highend ram and they had like XMS and HyperX and some other ones and the XMS and Pqi got first place so i kind of like pqi now.lol

i've thought of most of the things you guys are saying, i can't keep my CPU for three reasons:
1. It wont fit in a new mobo with new ram...
2. It can't handle newer games, no matter what the clock speed.
3. It's been overclocked from 1500MHZ to 1.8, i bought it o/ced, i can overclock it a bunch more, under pressure its... maybe mid-90s Farenheit.

Any suggestions for like $300
I'm getting a job
so... we'll see

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom