"New" Computer up and runnin' now....

Status
Not open for further replies.

CntdwnToExtn

Fully Optimized
well...i didn't go to class today cause i'm ahead...plus...i would of had to stay there from 8am to 5pm for 2 one hour classes cause i get a ride in with my dad every mornin'..and it's a 50 min ride..so like heck i'm gonna walk hahaha..ya, anyway....who cares

i was bored so i got out an old p3 800 with a pine motherboard.
it's from about the year 2000 i think and it suddenly stopped workin'.....we had taken it to a guy to look and he said it was done for...ha!

i didn't know all that much about computers back then..just knew how to build them and run em...nothing to technical.

but, all is what i did today was reset the cmos and whadda know....it starts up!!! (remind me not to go back to that guy who said it was done for okay?? thanks)

specs:

p3 800mhz
pine mobo VIA VT82C693 Apollo Pro Plus
Kingston 192mb pc100 ram
32x samsung cd-rom
voodoo 3 2000 pci
15 gig fujitsu 5600rpm hd
soundblaster 16 isa
linksys 10/100 ethernet
win 2000 fully updated
250 watt psu

i'm gonna dedicate this computer to surfin' and stuff like that.

haha, overclockin' is not an option right now...it's still got a few glitches....like the bios resets itself now sometimes..and it takes literally 10+ pushes of the power button to get the thing going lol.

pfft buying a battery lol.
all i do when my cmos batts die is
solder 2 AA batteries in a serise (to make 3V) and then solder wires to the cmos bat holder and tape the home made battery to the side of the case. (of course i'd never do this on my good computer, i only do this with my old things, about the same as what you got.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom