Status
Not open for further replies.

disgruntled~lla

Solid State Member
ok,so I currently have 1024mb ram
p4 2.8ghz with HT technology
160gb hard drive
ati radeon 9550 256mb graphics card

Recently while I changed the refresh rate on my monitor to 200hz (from 60) and all of a sudden,In a game I was playing (battlefield 1942)when I take a screenshot it pauses for about 5-7 seconds then resumes.It was never like this before I changed the refresh rate.it always used to be almost instant response to it.I have a 17'in flat screen crt Hp monitor if that helps at all.any ideas of how to get it back to running smoothly?

You changed it to 200hz?? Holy shit man, turn that down. You'll fry that monitor. I done the same thing but not that high. I have a 21" Sony Trinitron now with horizontal lines going across the screen at all times, sometimes it changed color, flickers, etc. Lower it in a hurry....

That's a lot better. Do you know what the resolution does? Set it to 85 and you will be good to go. Your lucky your monitor is still working....That was a close one. I bet that game plays nice now..

I've seen that on a Samsung Syncmaster, up to 200Hz. It depends on the resolution though.

My monitor is 8 years old and its max is 160Hz.

200 sounds pretty dangerous to me.

I would put it on 85-120Hz or something.

I have that option to go that high too :p but I leave mine at 60 as I remember reading somewhere the eye can not see any more fps, or something like that.

I wonder what the temperature of the monitor would of been, as that could of caused the monitor to burn out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom