Need help! Where to get a "feel" for cases for myself

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't doubt the superior design and build quality of the Lian Li, but you have to admit that the Tt just plain looks better:) Its not outlandish, it looks subtle, but nice:)

Difference of opinions I suppose;)

wow talk about off topic.... Ok in San Diego they have a computer publication called computer edge, you can pick them up in a computer store for free and flip through the ads until you find what you want. I don't know if they have something like that where you live, but its worth a shot.

Difference of opinions I suppose
Of course, the only part of the Tt that would 'look better' is the fact that they have a front panel....other than that it looks damn near the same.

I just think it's stupid that they throw on a front panel that IMO is more of a nuisance that anything and it's purely for looks....since the Lian-Li doesnt bother putting on a stupid door, then the two aren't really comparable.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I can't decide
The joys of case shopping ;)

If you like the Tt you could always remove the front door lol, like I said I did that with mine, couple screws and it pops off easily, buuuut yeah, you might actually like the door or something, but that would give you a little bit of the looks of the Lian-Li with the tray and cooling of the Tt with the little added Tt touches like the side panel design

Nubius said:
Of course, the only part of the Tt that would 'look better' is the fact that they have a front panel....other than that it looks damn near the same.

I just think it's stupid that they throw on a front panel that IMO is more of a nuisance that anything and it's purely for looks....since the Lian-Li doesnt bother putting on a stupid door, then the two aren't really comparable.

Very good point actually there! I do find the front doors on case annoying, but they do make the cases look better, and that is surely the only thing that make that Lian Li looks drab compared to the Tt:)

lol, I guess I didn't have to say STUPID DOOR! twice :p

But yeah, man, especially on my case, the Wingo series the front panel is UUUUUGLY

Looks much better just plain black :D

YanBooth...

Go to www.tomshardware.com and search the site for "case reviews"
and see what you find.

You will have to call all your local PC parts suppliers to find out
who may have what your looking for in stock so you can get your
hands on the case. Tom's Hardware and Newegg should have
enough info available to atleast steer you AWAY from one case
or another.

I wouldnt waste any time putting expensive parts in a case that
TWISTS and feels flimsy or lacks enough slots for fans.

It seems that most people who own a Lian Li think they are a
quality case.

I have looked at reviews of both, and I am still debating

Looks= Tt
Cooling= Lian Li
Ease of use for setup=Tt

I guess I will decide on which is best over all...

I like the front panel/door/thing, but its definately not a feature that will push me one way or the other...

Based on your evaluation then the Tt would work best because you already have planned to put two more fans in it for better cooling;)

I don't really think the front doors are ugly, I think they add to the look, but are a pain in the ass, especially if your puter is screwed and you have to press the power button every few minutes and then you just wanna break the stupid door off and burn it in hell:p

I actually like the feature of having some sort of door on the front of the PC, it helps eliminate noise from what I've found, and I don't really access my optical drives very much so flipping the door open and shut isn't really an issue.

I still think that good cooling and easy installation and protection of parts are still the two big factors that really matter to a case. Forget looks, they are pretty irrelevant to the actual peformance of your parts.

I don't know about the door eliminating noise. Not in my experience anyway, but with a Vantec Tornado you'd need some major sound dampening to NOT hear it lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom