is it worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

waynejkruse10

Fully Optimized
a while ago i bought 2x p3 450 (slot) and a slot mobo for $30 AUD. Now i have built one of those cpu's in the mobo into this system:

p3 450
256mb ram
agp graphics
2gb hdd

is it worth buying a dual slot mobo for a dual processor config, and a cheap 80gb hdd to make it into a dual p3 system?

wayne

they can also be used for very very complex softwares
but those softwares are pointless for personal use mainly used by engineers and the prices are insanely high like id rather buy a mercedes than that software high

well, it could be useful in setting divx encoding to one processor, and put documents and internet to the other

dual processors are only useful in a server environment
Try telling that to a guy named ChaosBlizzard that's no longer here.....blah, he'd just go on a never ending rant of how his dual processor setup is better than everyone elses....ehh I don't even want to get into it.

lol... Dual processors are so misunderstood! People think that twice the processor means twice the power...

well in a way it does 2 processors can handle a bigger load so technically its more powerful but theyre kinda pointless

I don't help people??? I was the only one here to know what was wrong with beedubaya's card after how long? one year?

Bottom line is that I do help people, and sure, I admit, at the same time I messed around a bit... But that's done with.

I am not being banned for cleaning up my act. Now get over it.

Once you get banned, that holds presidence over anything. You have warnings to clean up your act BEFORE getting banned, not then trying to create a multitude of usernames and then expecting everything to be peachy especially considering you haven't even began to 'clean up your act' as of late as I've had to give you more than your fair share of warnings, not even counting the ones given to 'Chip'

With that I say good day, and lets not hijack this guys thread

dual processors have their advantages and disadvantages
2 processors doesn't always mean 2x the power, but you usually do get more power out of them nonetheless, except for some cases, where the application is not designed for 2 processors and sometimes decreases the performance by about 5%. this is more common in games.

if you find a dual P3 motherboard and another CPU for cheap, then go for it.

i already have the second cpu, i just need a mobo. Also, today i asked this same question to the very knowledgeable admin at school. He said that there will be no point unless i have 512mb + of ram because dual processor setups need heaps of ram.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom