should i upgrade to pci-e or not

Status
Not open for further replies.

jseber1982

Enterprise SCCM\SCOM
my problem, i have an xp3200 on an asus a7n8x board with a radeon x800.. I want to upgrade to an athlon 64 board and cpu, but i also want it to be pci-e so i wont have to upgrade for a while. But if i do that i will have to bu a new vid card it it will cost alot. My question is, is it really worth the upgrade if im not upgrading to pci-e? i dont want that ecs board with the agp and pci-e on it because it isnt really agp, its just a twinked up pci bus with an agp connector..

thanks

i considered buying an athlon 64 board without pci-e, but dont know if its really worth it since pcie is out

It's not worth the upgrade, you have a 100% fine PC that will play any game. If you upgrade, you will probolly not even notice a difference, unless your getting a really high end 64

Its gonna be worth it, but not yet, you might wanna possibly wait till later this year and then update;)

Its gonna be worth it, but not yet, you might wanna possibly wait till later this year and then update
Yup pretty much. As it is PCI-E doesnt have any significant advantages over AGP besides the ever popular belief 'Its futureproof'

Wait until it starts to become more standard and it's blatently obvious that you NEED PCI-E to be able to play whatever game is out at the time, otherwise you're fine with AGP

If money is an issue then wait, plus the amd-64/pci-e boards will mature a little more in that time.

i was only gunna get a 3500 64 winchester core. yea i guess ill wait until the fx cpus come down in price also

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom