overclock 56k

Status
Not open for further replies.
if i may add my two cents to the clock discussion
the clock is ususlly a crystal oscillator, could be soething else that may clock a "clock" out, this resides outside the processor and all the other bits and pieces. e.g. the RAM, all those may be clocked by the same clock.

what is a winsock modem ?

you cant make a 56k modem faster, because the format it runs on is a voice frequency, it only has a 22Khz bandwith range.

SanToast said:
...and u b1tch about me saying the word 'sh1t'.

omg dude if you can't benefit the immediate thread don't post. all you ever do is bring up threads from somewhere else and try to bring them to life again.

even if you DO live in the city, DSL/Cable isn't always an option. My GF lives in the middle of Lewisville TX, a city like 30X larger than mine, and they don't provide anything more than 56K (some places STILL don't have lines layed either, so that's even worse.)
She moved 1 mile away form her old house (that had Comcast Cable) and now all she can get is a 56K connection. kinda sucks...cuz' the demand for internet in her neighborhood is next to nothing, so they have no plans of laying more lines around where she lives. Even if they did it would be a very long time and probably an absurd price since there might be 10 houses using it out of the 100's around her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom