AMD overclock

Status
Not open for further replies.
People will OC anything lol. My next computer is going to be a Intel. But before that i will upgrade my processor and mobo. Then built a Intel computer and OC that. I will end up saving alot of money and get a pretty expensive Intel. Something with alot of cache.

Codeine said:
xteam02001, yeah those are some damn good fans. Myself, i dont care about noise, just what comes with it, better temps. How many degrees did your system drop while using that fan?

yeah man. my temps CPU went from 40c idle to 28c idle. and my load temp from 55c to 38c. thats with the stock heatsink and fan that comes with the AMD XP 2500+. my case temps are way down too. im seein 24c in my case right now. i have the 120mm blowing air right on the mobo. it cools the memory and the northbridge too.

here are some pics:

DSC02053.jpg

DSC02051.jpg

Thats cool, you have the rite idea, just get those results. That case helps alot, since its a full-tower. You can do alot more with that case yo.

The 90 nm AMD's overclock very well.

However, i still do believe intel's overclock higher. But for getting good results on intel's (highher than AMD) you need liquid cooling, and liquid nitrogen :/

I dont agree, AMD are built with OC in mind, Intel really arent. Plus AMD have alot better OC results then Intel. Thats what i think.

However, i still do believe intel's overclock higher
They will only gain more MHz at a time which doesn't mean they overclock better.

The reasons Intels have bigger numbers is from fat long pipelines so they can handle those clock speeds. 800MHz increase on an Intel would be near the same as a 400-500MHz increase on an AMD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom