Anyone know if my mobo supports overclocking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dakranii

Solid State Member
I received a hand-me-down computer that I'm upgrading. I will be installing a p3 1.1 soon, but currently i have an 800 celeron that I wanted to play around with overclocking first, as i've never done it.

The system is an HP Pavilion with a Trigem Cognac motherboard. I have the latest bios for my system and don't have the manual. I've searched around the bios menu and haven't found anything that looks like it will allow me to change the fsb settings. And with my processor, I'm assuming the multiplier is locked.

Anyone know where I can find how to change the fsb on my mobo? And if it's the jumpers, where to find the manual telling me what's what?

I'm new at this...thanks

lol, i was just gonna post a topic on finding the right bios update so i could over clock my p3 lol, i won't ask :p no flaming for me:)

Your motherboard has to support these features. It seems a lot of people think that a BIOS update will magically unlock a bunch of features that the current one doesn't have. This is simply never the case. Your board has to have those functions in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom