New Audio ONLY computer(help)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heres the suggested Ram for those mobo's.
RAM: 4x DIMM for Dual Channel DDR2 400/533 Max 4GB

You can just write that down, and go to like best buy and pick that kind up. Its not something you have to order, would cost more with shipping.

Dont forget its (Dual Channel RAM). That means if you want 1GB RAM you need Two 512MB RAMs, you cannot have One 512 and One 256 at once.. So always get the TWO of the same brand and SAME type of RAM togather.

Mike, where do you get Intels running to hot from? Andyman, dont worry about heat problems, the 550 LGA775 processor are all 90nm, so they run cooler then 130nm. 90nm are really good for temps and OC.

from here

This is a LGA775 package

this thread talks about the fact that they run hot

I'm not going to debate the fact that intel would be better for the audio aspect of it because i'm sure you are right. I just like AMD and will support them regardless....as far as the powermac goes....I would never own one unless I had more money then I knew what do do with but the fact remains that the choice of graphics designers and music industries tends to go towards apple.

Ok, Apples are way way way better for audio, trust me , my uncle has a G5 1.8GHZ and it is like hella fast. And yes the new p4's are hot if you get the Prescott, get the Northwood core. And i dont think apples are over priced nor over rated. They are sweeeeet i want one. And trust me a Dual 2.0GHZ G5 will beat any other home pc for audio editing, any.

mike11973, 69 C is not an out standing temp. For OC thats a fearful temp, but those processors are made to run with those temps That was just a forum. You dont know what kind of case nor cooling system he has. AMD64 130nm have the same temps with stock cooling. I suggested a good heatsink and CPU Fan. If his temp were 69c, then they would drop to around 45c with the heatsink/CPU Fan i suggested. Theirs nothing wrong with the 775 Intels.

Another thing, G5 do cost alot of money, ask anyone. Apple computers are so over priced. He said he wanted to built a computer, not go get rippet from a company. Im a AMD fan also, but when it comes to his needs a Intel would work out better for him. You guys missed the principle of this thread. Give him the rite advice, without favoring and Brand like AMD. Again he said he wants to "BUILT" a computer. So why would you suggest a Apple?

Trying to prove me wrong, with Intels running to hot is incurrect. But thats not the point of this thread.

my P4 is maxing out at 88C now, dfont go telling me that Intel doesnt run hot, i cant even play games now and ive got a fan 3 feet from my opened case blowing on high until my new thermal compound and heatsink get here... thats not even OC'd either, stock heatsink and thermal pad

i vote for AMD my experience with Intel has been crap thus far

Comidus, im not trying to say you or mike have no idea what your talking about. But i think the assumption of Intel having heat problems, is just wrong. Their is alot in the factor of what makes a processor run hot, then the Brand.

Okay their's too much BS in this thread

The advantage of a mac is the high end audio software ONLY is available on macs.

However, coming from an AMD fan, Inte is the way to go with audio.

Soundblaster is shit and not pro gear. When it comes to audio most of you dont know what your talking about. Research about studio sound cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom