Overheating CPU but then again maybe not...

Status
Not open for further replies.

comidus

Solid State Member
I recently made my first comp and before i made it i knew very little about actually building a comp but enough to get it done and working and it works... somewhat...

and here in lies my rpblem i put the mothercoard drviers in and it all worked fine and use it a few days before i put some motherboard monitoring software in...

now the temp of my CPU apparently is an idle 55C and when im running games it jump to 82-85C which is insanely high i think

im Running a...
P4 3ghz
800mhz FSB
1MB L2 Cache
Hyper Threading Tech
Stock Heatsink and thermal paste thingy on the bottom

The Fan is working fine at 2200 RPM usually...

Im stumped as to what to do or if its even the right temp cuase from what ive read today about it, it seems my comp should be shutting down way before that melting even

N00b needs help... please accomodate

You are running to hot I would say...for intels they do run hotter but that just seems to hot. I recommend getting a better aftermarket cooler as well as some arctic silver5 thermal compound. The stock heatsinks and fans are a joke. Also you need to look at your case ventilation....as in are the fans bringing cooler air in and blowing the hot air out the back? Tell us more about your case and fans you have on it.

btw i have an LGA775 socket so the fan you suggesed wouldnt work but the paste im considering getting....

off subject i think Intel Should realise that this is some serious bull, its not overclocked or anything i havent done anything but use it as reveryone else would and im near melting the CPU gah! sometimes the little things just really add up in a big way\

so your suggesting just changing the heatsink and thermal stuff

also where do i get 99% isopropyl alchohol ive only seen 70% at walgreens and such

Try this....1) Take the side cover off of the case and run your computer like that and let me know how much of a difference in temp you see. If you see a difference then you know that you need better fans/ventillation in the case. If it doesnt help much at all then you need to get a better heatsink....both of which should be upgraded anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom