XP System Restore

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezysk

In Runtime
I'm about to partition my disk drive, but the program advises me to do a system backup first, preferably using some kind of disk imaging tool. Doesn't XP System Restore has a similar function ???

no..if you donn't partition your disk,it work..but if it is..no..

i strongly recommentd you use pqmagic to do it..cos it can use under the windows and can still keep your files..without format.

Thats exactly what I'm using. So WHAT kind of disk imaging tool you would recommend, if XP Restore can't do it ???

Just backup the items you want on a cd and go from there. Going through all that will just take you longer. A disk image will make an image of your entire harddrive exactly how it is now. Why are you repartioning your hdd?

"Why are you repartioning your hdd?" I figure that's one way, to avoid software program 'conflicts' by having apps in seperate drive sectors, and of course to speed them up.

Guess it don't really matter. NONE of the backup imaging tools, Acronis or Paragon, will WRITE into the DVD data disks I have. Does anyone know, just WHAT kind of specific brand DVD disks you have to use for this ???

Heard took Norton took it over and sells it as: 'Ghost' Still its quite strange, that I can burn anything else, except with these proggies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom