RAM On Ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexqd3

In Runtime
Ok i'm going to buy a stick of Ram, and i saw one on ebay is this chip good or should i go with another.

http://tinyurl.com/5t2rm

one more important thing i really gotta know the speed of my ram befour i buy and expensive stick that will get underclocked. I have a presario r3000, and i already open the back of my laptop and the stickers dont say the speed. Is there somewhere i can go on my laptop that will tell me? Thanks in advance.

one more thing is that RAM for intel or athlon cus i can't tell the difference. how do you tell them apart lol. thanks

Download cpu-z at cpuid.com and it should tell you your ram, or is that cpuid that tells you your ram ?

the customer review for that link are putting that chip into there apple powerbook will it still work with mine, and also i still need to no my laptop speed. thanks.

what is the model of your compaq? go here if you know the model of your laptop.
http://www.crucial.com/store/listmodel.asp?cat=&mfr=Compaq&productline=Presario+Notebooks.&submit=Go

you don't have to buy crucial, but it is handy if you don't know what speed it is.

actually i found someone with a compaq

zd7000 user,12/19/2004 10:24:43 AM

Works perfectly with my HP zd7000 notebook. Ran 3 passes with memtest, and no errors were reported. Very fast delivery from NewEgg.

Si-Valley User,12/16/2004 8:53:57 AM

Carefully popped this into my 700m, and it worked like a charm. Big speed increase with file swap set to zero. Newegg.com delivered it fast. Thanks!
topos,12/14/2004 7:38:42 PM

2Gig works perfectly for two months in an HP zd7000. Much less expensive than buying from HP.
As usual, extremely fast delivery from NewEgg.

my under standing is that, ram is ram. the ram you find in a new ibook is the same that you will find in your compaq. it is all ddr, the difference is the speed. several ppl mentioned putting it in a dell or other PC maker's laptop.

thank you cleared up a whole lot. i found out the speed of my current ram with is a PC2700(166 mhz). do my next chip have to be a PC2700 also and is 166 mhz slow, and should be changed also? thanks in advance

also whats the difference between so-dimm DDR and DDR2.
and is the Ram faster the higher the PC number is? (ex. PC2700, PC 3200....)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom