Buy now or later?

Status
Not open for further replies.
YOU SHOULD WAIT

Next year Windows "Longhorn" is coming out.
A new File system WinFS might be used
A new graphics system will be used (Not DirectX)
Double core processors will be out

As turtile said, this all may happen sometime soon. But don't wait for it to happen, you may end up waiting forever. Your system when you build it will work with whatever is going to be released by Microsoft. They wont introduce some new technology expecting everyone to have to upgrade or buy/build new systems to run their software.

K, buy things that go down in price like mem, cpu, mobo, other stuff at one time. Buy things like cases fans, other accesories when you ever see a good deal because these will depricate slower i think.

Cyanide, just take my advice mixed with the people that said buy it all at once. Im not pushing your ideas away guys. The few that said wait all togather for a new release. But if you mean Intel processors, witch would be the only important thing to wait for.

The new Intel processors are going to run at 4ghz, witch that im positive about. I also think they will run at 1Ghz FSB, im pretty sure Intel is done with 800mhz. Thats if they are done with the mobo bus.The new Windows i heard is coming out early 2006, but thats nothing to really wait for. Another thing, Intel wants higher cache sizes, so i can only guess they will start at 1MB L2 or L3 cache. You have any idea how much that processor with be worth? Those new processors arent coming out for awhile even at that, but they will cost an arm and a leg.

So dont wait for that. Just buy hardware parts togather, that are related at once. Like a processor, mobo and RAM. Ect

I suggest getting everything at the same time, so the good stuff goes down in price, and you dont have to have that awesome stash of stuff with nothing to use it with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom