zalman cpu cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

regulator

Solid State Member
i am tryen to decide on a cpu cooler for my athlon64 3500+ winchester and am thinken about the zalman cnps7700-Cu. it seems like a pretty solid cooler and comes with a good amount of stuff for the price. i have a asus a8n sli deluxe mobo, do you guys know of any issues with this board and the cooler, or any suggestions for a better cooler other than water?

well, zalman says it is compatible with the mobo, but do you think it will hang off the board, in which case i would need room in the case between the board and the psu?

alright, i think i am gonna forget the zalman, it really is huge and a little too heavy for my comfort. What do you guys reccomend, and i looked at the gigabye rocket cooler, that thing is pretty big too, but gonna keep it in mind. I am not sure if i should go with a 120mm fan or just stick with a 90mm. What do you guys recommend?

i would really look into the thermalright xp-120 it performs better than the zalman but again space is a problem. ive got on on mine atm and its sitting at 33C havent put any games on yet so dunno how it does with them. but the xp120 is the best cooler for the 939 boards imo

ive got teh 7000B on my s939 3400+ on an A8V Deluxe with Arctic Silver 5, Cpu idle is 32 C/ 89 F and mobo is 23 C / 73 F with 3 80 mm and 1 120 mm

no complaints

NOT OVERCLOCKED

well so far i have 3 120mm fans 1 on xp120 one on back of case and one in my psu. ive got another 3 80mm fans that i havent had a chance to hook up yet 2 on side and 1 on top and im gonna buy another 120mm fan for front. Sorry if hyjackin thread but u think it would be better to have the 120mm ones on the front and back blowing in (ie over heatsink and harddrives alone with the 2 80mm ones on the sides blowing in onto the cpu again and onto the gpu. and havin my 80m exhaust on the top? my psu fan blowes upwards but not out of the case if u know what i mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom