xp problems!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I needed to use the machine so Ive wiped it now and reloaded windows Im still not sure but I think something or someone messed with my os!!!
cheers for the help though at least I learnt something today

I really don't have much advice except to say that whenever I read about people having problems with Xp, it's almost always those that are running Xp with the Service Pack 2 !!
I have had Win XP Pro since 2000 and installed SP1 when it came out......... i have the SP2 on CD from Microsoft but am reluctant to install it as my system works fine.
If it aint broke, don't fix it.

The thing is microsoft reckon windows xp is fab for home users and more reliable than all previous os. That may be the case and I thank god for windows or bill gates!!! but why the extra bits that have no relevance to the modest home user who uses their computers to write letters or surf the web. That thing with the task manager really threw me I thought my machine had again been attatcked by a virus or something else. I work in the Education sector in ICT I dont even begin to think I know it all cos i never ever will.
Anyway thanks to all out there that are willing to surf forums like this to help people like me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom