Which Setup for my new gaming rig?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TipsySmile

In Runtime
Alright well im stuck between two systems, Ones a P4 @3.0ghz and the other is a AMD 64 @ 1.8Ghz. Heres the systems thro newegg, the only place i feel confident doing bussiness thro. And my budget is right around 840-850, I have a 500 watt Aspire PSU, Sound blaster sound card, and a DVD drive, so those are taken care of.

AMD system:
*POWMAX DEMON II Black ATX Mid Tower Case
*CHAINTECH NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra Chipset Motherboard 939
*AMD Athlon 64 3000+ 1.8GHz, 512KB L2 Cache Winchester core
*Mushkin Dual Pack 184-Pin 1GB(512MBx2) DDR PC-3200
*Hitachi 80GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive
*MSI nVIDIA GeForce 6600GT Video Card, 128MB DDR3, 128-Bit PCI Xpress
*Sony Cdrom 52x and sum floppy drive
*Total: 820 with out shipping

Intel P4 system:
*RAIDMAX Black 10-bay Case
*Albatron "PX915P" i915P Chipset Motherboard 775 socket
*Intel LGA 775 Pentium 4 530 3.0 GHz, 800MHz FSB, 1MB L2 Cache, Hyper Threading Technology
*Corsair Value Select Dual Channel Kit 184 Pin 1G(512MBx2) DDR PC-3200
*Hitachi 80GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive
*MSI nVIDIA GeForce 6600GT Video Card, 128MB DDR3, 128-Bit, DVI/TV-Out, PCI-Express
*Sony Cdrom 52x and sum floppy drive
*Total: 814 without shipping

Im a hardcore Pc gamer :) and i also use programs such as 3d studio max and Photoshop CS, Games that i normally play (or should say TRY to play :confused: ) are Farcry, Half life 2, Doom3, all the Battlefield games and pretty much anything else that catches my interest

Now I know that AMD outperforms Intel in gaming and Intel outperforms AMD in mutltasking and whatnots, but am i gonna notice a huge difference between the two setups, talking like 30 40 fps in games? Is there any major benefits of one system over the other? Is there anything i should change?

Thanks in advance,
Jay

no, either system will do well in both areas, the AMD might make a small difference in games, but not even close to 30fps, likewise, the Intel might make a small difference with the speed it renders stuff in 3d s max. so it doesnt really matter, but with the AMD 64 you will be able to use 64bit windows when it comes out, if you really wanted, and with the intel, obviously, you would not.

oh, the wishlist didnt work, you might want to get that sorted out.

wow, in the total time it took me to post the above, 3 other posts mysteriously arrived..... its a conspiricy i tell you.

oh ok so I should say early. you have been to bed and woken up....i thought you have been up until 6am. As Raekwon said the AMD would be better for gaming.

oh, i see now that the AMD system uses mushkin memory and the intel uses corsair value select, the mushkin ram isnt that good, but its better than the corsair value select,

on second thought, i say go with the AMD system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom