ATi/nVidia-I wil settle this once and for all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
DoomUK said:
My friend's Geforce Ti4200 (AGP 4x) runs Far Cry better than my old FX5600 SE... on a slower CPU and RAM :)

I wasn't talking about the crap FX 5600. I was talking about something more like the FX 5900 or 5950 Ultra.

right now, I'm very happy with how my Nvidia TNT2 is working, considering it is over 5 years old. it doesn't play all games (because it doesn't support them), but for the games it does play, it actually does the job pretty well. the TNT2 was about the best card out in its day.

I can even play counter-strike at 2048x1536

apokalipse said:
right now, I'm very happy with how my Nvidia TNT2 is working, considering it is over 5 years old. it doesn't play all games (because it doesn't support them), but for the games it does play, it actually does the job pretty well. the TNT2 was about the best card out in its day.

I can even play counter-strike at 2048x1536

counter-strike is old, almost as old as your video card.
my 550mhz
128mb sdram
voodoo3
could play cs at around 40-60 fps in reasonable maps.

lol man I remember when VooDoo was super expensive and I was just in awe.

Yeah, when graphics cards start getting beyond the price of entire budget systems it gets a little ridiculous.

Now-a-days you gotta be border-line rich or spoiled to be able to afford a good system that'll play Doom3 or HL2 at settings inwhich you can actually appreciate the graphics

Megadeth2 said:

X850XT PE
X850XT=6800Ultra
X800XL=6800GT
X800 =6600GT
X700 Pro=6600
X600XT
X600Pro
6200/TC=X300/SE

I would not rate the 6800 ultra to a 850 XT, nor would i do a 6800gt against a 800XL...

Fact is the only card that ever gets in front of 6800 GT/ultra is the 850XTPE, and that isnt even all the time. Plus its almost TWICE as much as the nvidias. So there is a cost problem. Ati has a lot of shaping up to do.

YourPrinter said:
what about very old cards. Like Voodoo 3 and below?

my voodoo 3 was badass..it ran everything with no problem at all up until gta3....even then a voodoo 5 couldn't even handle that game....though i dont' think that card could handle any game at all......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom