lagging in games

Status
Not open for further replies.

xteam02001

In Runtime
i have noticed some lag in some of my games. i have a 6800GT that should handle everything i throw at it perfectly. the lag is a sort of abrupt stop in the game. it stops then starts over again. it does this almost constntly. then it seems to go away then it starts going again. i notice this alot in doom 3 and battlefield vietnam on the highest settings at 1024x768. I only have 512mb of ram. do you think i should get another 512mb and will it solve the problem? or do you think my processor is getting in the way?

ace, processor speed wont factor into the fps as much as you think, because now graphics cards take over all of the graphics intensive processing (thus the 300+ price tags). Even a 2 gig processor and a 6800GT should run doom 3 fine. I suggest making sure your drivers are all up to date, and that you dont have any unnecessary stuff running. Its a good idea to reformat your comp when you switch video cards, especially if you switch from ati to nvidia or visa versa. So i would say reformat and see what happens.

OMG!!!! hl2 is totaly cpu dependant , what makes DOOM3 any diferant , CPU handles all the physics and such in the game .

But ya more ram would smooth you out nicely.

i've run into the same problems with with my system too. I have a 6600gt and 512mb. I upgraded from a fx 5200, but it would seem like the game was still running on the 5200. i pretty much have ordered some more ram and im going to reformat. i think thats all i can do, maybe an oc of the processor might help.

games are very much dependant on cpu and ram so these both make a huge difference even if you have a great graphics card. upgrade you ram and maybe try overclocking your cpu a little and see how this helps. also make sure you have the latest drivers for your card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom