DDR333 as fast as DDR400 on AMD 64's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace No-Money

In Runtime
What is this I hear about Ram and Athlon 64s? I heard that when using 64's there is no performance increase when going from DDR333 to DDR400.
How can this be true?

Someone explain the Athlon 64 BUS to me!

If the BUS is 1600MHz and more than why cant we just use DDR1600 or something?:p

Im sooo confused!:confused:

Because the HTT that's 1600 or 2000 is because of the hypertransport. It's still shown as 200 in the BIOS, but it's 200 x the HTT (for a 1000MHz board it'd be 5) so 200 x 5 = 1000x2 = 2000, that extra 2 is because of the fact of the 64bit nature of the CPUs.

The RAM works the same way, it's still shown as 200 or whatever it may be, but due to the hypertransport it's got that bigger bus.

Also as it is, the higher frequency RAM sticks have really loose timings so basically they need to develope a new style of RAM chip or something.

I don't know about that DDR333 not being much worse than DDR400, sounds like a load of crap to me, as you'd have a bottleneck in your system.

yea i can see a differance when i underclock my ram on my system don't believe the person who told u that stuff he must have been talking about the XP series.

How would it make sense on the XP series?

It doesn't no matter which way you look at it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom