Happened again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
I posted this problem a week or so ago, now I'm having the same problem again but this time I did no overclocking. I bought a new mobo and processor and finally got things working. It ran for 3 days, then I needed to reboot, and it has been working since. I still have no video. Everthing powers on, fans, drives, etc. but no video. Now it worked before but why not now? Last time I increased the cpu voltage and that was the start of the whole problem, now it's back. Any ideas?

you could try returning your bios to default settings to make sure the CPU part is a-ok, or maybe try flashing the BIOS for the newest and most stable version. Could be a bad file or something whack with windows boot. you could try formatting reinstalling windows if you haven't activated yet.

tip of the day: avoid activating windows for about 25 days so you know that everything is working fine and you dont have to talk to some moron about activation keys for 45 minutes.

I reformatted because I got a new mobo, different manu. I don't have a problem with activation. This is crazy. I said the hell with it this weekend. But I need it back up and running. I tried everything new, still same ole.

you coould be having power surges or more likely sags. try a surge protector or if u wanna dump 200$, a kewl UPS (uninterruptible Power Supply, not United Parcel Service).

Well damn. I unplugged my UPS, and what do you know. It came on. How the hell can that be? What does the cpu voltage have to do with the UPS? That, of course was the 1 and only thing I did not check. Oh well, it's gets the best of us. Thanks for the suggestion. I spent $300 for nothing!!!! Damn that was expensive...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom