I Have Had It With This Crap Ati!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soloman02 said:
But, if you spend $400+ on a video card, you should NOT have to do that.

So u are telling me if I spend $400 on a video card I do not need to install DirectX? Because it's the same idea.

Nubius said:
Yeah SanToast thought you were supposed to be putting together this big comprehensive thing for beedub concerning those elusive 'packages' to fix his problem

I sent beederbaya a PM with multiple links to the locations and tutorials.

bunnymanboy said:
Hey 4W43k, I used a radeon 7500 in my rig with the same processor as you to play half life two, and I got very playable, smooth of course on low settings.

how? If i can't play Splinter Cell (maybe 1/100th the gfx of HL2 i bet) how can i play HL2? Doesn't seem to make sense unless you play it on like 640*480 no AA&AF something...which isn't worht it if you ask me.

SanToast said:
Source (HL2 engine) was designed for low-end machines.

machines in general or low end vid cards? My friend told me it would be playable at low settings, but i'd rather not play it at all then on 800*600 or worse, that just kills the game IMO. I'll wait for my upgrade till i buy D3 or HL2. Plus i'm broke lol:) and about to get a job so i won't be able to be on my computer but a few hours a week from now on.

both low-end machines and video cards (provided that it is compatible with DirectX 8.1 or greater). I hear ya though... It'd be better to wait to upgrade then play, rather than run at lowest settings. The eye candy makes the game that much better!

HL2 and Doom3 are ALL about graphics. They are basically showcases for the graphics we can expect to play in the future. Not even worth playing on crappy graphics

yup...i've got doom 3....as you can see..i've also got a geforce 4.......i've only gone to the part where the doctor down below is killed and satan starts to fly around the room....not even worth it at all.

hl2 though plays sooooooooooo much better....i don't know why either...i'd think doom would run better cause of my nvidia compared to the ati supported hl2

lol, I went through hell and returned to the Delta complex, only to format my computer sometime after that, SOOOO I haven't re-installed it and played it again since then :p

Also Cntdwn, it could be because doom3 is making your card run in DX9 taxing the hell out of it, whereas HL2 is running it in DX8.1 or something like that. HL2 runs better on my card than doom3 for that very reason, I got an FX 5700

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom