Slow Computer help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexqd3

In Runtime
when i first got my computer it was double click and there for any program. Now it is a slight wait before a simple folder will open now. Not very slow but very noticable. Do I need more RAM or something. On regular use my computer is using 300mb of Ram is that to much? will a Gig of ram bring my computer back up or is there something else i can do? please help me.

P.S I have all the ad-aware programs, and i have zone alarm, and norton.

P.S.S very important does wireless slow down the computer?

thanks in advance.

Computers can typically slow down a little and a fresh install os with a full reformat of the hdd (os partition only if seperate), will help a ton. I like to do it about once a year at least.

If you don't want to go that route:

run disk defragger
run your UPDATED adware software in SAFEMODE
Perform a full virus scan

These things should help. Bumping up your ram to 1gb is also a great idea, for $75 or what ever it is, its a great upgrade.

also when i use defragmenter do i analize first. what exactly do i do i order? Thanks in advance

How do i run my ad-aware in SAFEMODE?
You boot into safemode, and then run the software. To boot into safemode you will need to hit an "F" key during startup. It very's by bios, I think mine is F9. Most bios's will have a message during startup like "hold F9 for options". Google safemode and you will find it.

also when i use defragmenter do i analize first. what exactly do i do i order? Thanks in advance
Analyze will just tell you how fragmented your drive is and if it is a good idea to defrag. You can run that first and see what it say's or just run defrag.

thanks alot for your help i will try this and tell you the outcome. and if anyone else here has anymore great ideas feel free to share. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom