hooking up "up font" firewire

Status
Not open for further replies.

arbol99

Baseband Member
i have a question for hooking up my up my in dash firewire to the firewire port into my motherboard jumper. The wires that i have for the hardware are the TPA +/-, TPB +/-, And A VP which im guessing is power and VG which im guessing is ground. The jumper pins require the TPA +/-, TPB +/- but also have two +12V pins and three GND pins. The hardware is the "up font" ultra 2 ubs and one firewire that is in the case.

My question is does it matter which +12V or ground pins i put the VP and VG pluggs...or am i missing the ones to fill in the other two grounds and the other +12v?

oh..i normally call it a mobo. its not pugging into my motherboard, its plugging into a pci slot card which is an Ultra IEEE 1394 Firewire adapter, model number ULT-31342.

I had an Asus P4C800 delux mobo which had everything i needed but the whole thing fried. when they shipped me the new one it was the asus P4P800 and told me i couldnt have the orriginal one because when i orriginally ordered the computer parts i ordered the P4P800 and they didnt have it, so they shipped me an upgrade and since they have it in stock now this is what i get. So i had to buy a pci slot card for firewire.

i dont really know what the hell is the model of the in dash that came with my case because i cant pop the damn thing out, but it looks the same as the one in the Ultra "Wizard case" with the two USB ports and one firewire port.

the connectors are seperates with the wires labeled TPA +/-, TPB +/-, And a VP and VG. A total of a whole whopping 6 connectors for the 9 pins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom