damn shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
About 5 years ago, Asus used to be good. The problem is that they change company that do thier capasitors and since then i always seem to have problems with ASUS products. Especially their motherboards.
Yup

Like you said harper, ASUS used to be good, but since then their quality has gone straight down hill.

Gigabyte makes ARIGHT motherboards, but not a whole lot of features and I've seen quite a few posts on here with people with those boards, and I've even had to help out my brother with his.

ABit and DFI make some of THE best stable and overclocking boards out there IMO.

MSI is a dang good quality motherboard with like harper also said, it's fair share of options, and boards like the MSI Neo2-Platinum can easily compete with ABits as far as BIOS options go, but I don't know of their overclocking stability.

eVGA in my opinion is one of the top graphics card makers out there.

Never used Leadtek so I couldn't tell you about them.

I had a VisionTek GF2 Ti 64mb, card was wonderful, never had a problem with it. This FX 5700 is chaintech...overheated, had it RMA'd, the one came back with a bigger heatsink, so I'd say chaintech is on the 'Ehhhh' side of quality.

But this isn't about manufacturer comparisons.

Whatever that card is that you're looking at can't be any good is the main point to be seen here

Nubius... WTF was that last post in the thread "Divider"?

You know exactly what it is, so better yet, lemme rephrase that for you

Nubius... Thanks for closing my pointless attempt at annoying you in that thread "Divider"

Why...you're welcome SanToast ;)

Umm santoast, are all these posts nesseccary? I really wouldn't directly confront someone usually but every thread I look in your almost attacking Nubius or saying something completely irrelevent.

Also, I dissagree with the Gigabyte statemnt. I think they make some pretty solid boards. They may not be all top-of-the-line featured up MB's but they are reliable and trustworthy, with good support and easy functionality.

I never liked Gigabyte mobos really. My friend liked them until he actually bought one (lmao). He had a few starting problems but an RMA fixed them. They don't have very good voltage options (range really) as far as the ones i have seen, there BIOS doesn't seem to have overclocking in mind. Maybe there P4 boards were better, but i wasn't partial to the AXP ones.

Asus is neutral to me, not bad but i can't say they are "freaking awesome" either. They seem to have good older boards and there A64 line of boards was a hit (neo2) so i would say they are decent.

I love Abit, NF7-s board has hundreds of BIOS options, lots of overclockign potenital, easily moddable, easily cooled and compatible with alot of off brand hardware...never had a problem with this board that wasn't fixable.

Don't go Soyo or ECS...possibly the worst boards i had. (Although my Soyo KT333 Dragon Ultra Platinum was a BEAUTIFUL board!!!)
http://www.soyogroup.com/images/products/800x600/kt333_dragon_ultra(silver).jpg
Silver and black, and the PCI slots could be painted easily to match.

To the orginal poster for this thread, are you sure that shop is not talking MSI NX6600-VTD128 Diamond VGA
Geforce 6600 Chipset Features
• NVIDIA® CineFX™ 3.0 engine
• 64-bit texture filtering support delivers full-speed, high dynamic-range (HDR) lighting effects
• Unmatched image quality delivered through new 16x anisotropic filtering and rotated grid
antialiasing
• 4x shadow processing power with NVIDIA® UltraShadow™ II for next generation games
• Infinite program length allows for a new class of special effects
• Hardware-accelerated MPEG and WMV9 decode delivers smooth, artifact-free video
• Dedicated video hardware reduces CPU utilization and improves overall system performance
• On-chip video encoder and motion estimation engine provides fast, high-quality encoding
from TV tuner
• Programmable video engine ensures compatibility with future video codecs
• High-quality video scaling and filtering improves playback quality at any window size
• NVIDIA® ForceWare™ software delivers unmatched features and rock-solid stability
• High dynamic-range (HDR) rendering
• NVIDIA® UltraShadow™ II technology
• NVIDIA® Intellisample™ 3.0 technology
• NVIDIA® ForceWare™ Unified Driver Architecture (UDA)
• NVIDIA® nView™ multi-display technology
• NVIDIA® Digital Vibrance Control™ 3.0
• On-chip video processor
• 64-bit floating point texture filtering and blending
• Microsoft® DirectX™ 9.0 Shader Model 3.0 support
• OpenGL® 1.5 support
• Superscalar GPU architecture
• 128-bit memory interface with advanced memory control
• Innovative 0.11 micron process technology
• Operating Systems Support Windows® XP / 2000
• Power supply of 350 (and up) watt is highly recommended for system stability
• Core clock: 400MHz
• Memory clock: 800MHz
• Memory Interface: 128-bit
• Fill Rate (billion texels/sec.): 4.0
• Vertices/sec. (Million): 375
• Pixels per clock (peak): 8
• RAMDACs (MHz): 400

i found this one by mistake when downloading drivers this morning.

yes that was the card they were tryin to sell me. i know its not the stock 6600 that msi make but is it anywhere near as good as the GT? thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom