.chm documents wont display graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImUseless

In Runtime
First things first!!!!!!!Excellent site!!!!!!!!

I cant get any of my help files(.chm) to display any graphic file ie: .bmp,
.jpg, .png or .gif. The file will display text correctly,all links work (next page, move within document etc) but only a box appears where some graphic should be. I dont get any error message saying so and so cant be found, the doc will load fine, page layout seems correct minus any image display.

I have a stable W2K(SP4) system w/ IE6(SP1). I have searched google, Microsoft etc but only seem to get very technical stuff on compiling/decompiling CHM documents and I have become even more
confused about what programs or files coordinate to view these damn files.

I have searched for 3rd party file viewers but only found products for the mac os, linux or the pocket pc, nothing for the pc so.............

I would greatly appreciate any help on getting my system to display these documents. Also, if there is an app for PC(W2K) that you know of Im open for suggestions.....Thanks in advance

Mike

Thanks so much for the links, will give them a try.

BTW, I seemed to have solved the problem. The "Show Pictures" box was unchecked in the "Advanced" section in Internet Options inside Internet Explorer, checked the box and *.chm documents display perfectly including all images.

I have never liked IE and never use it so was unfamiliar with how it interacts with the CHM extensions. I have been using Netscape for yrs with no problems and now use Firefox and am reasonably happy with it.

Thanks again for the links because I would prefer to have a third party viewer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom