Sempron 2500?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegendBreath

Daemon Poster
Hi,
I am very interested in the AMD Sempron 2500+ Processor 1.75GHz Socket A 256K 333FSB from NCIX. It's only $106.30 CA. But, the AMD Althon 2500+ Processor 1.83GHz Socket A 512K 333FSB is quite good too. So what I want to know is if it's make a big difference the 256K and 512K. I use my computer for gaming, programming, video & audio & image editing, etc. I use my computer for barely anything.

Someone can help me choose?

You'll want the Athlon for your needs, the Sempron is more geared towards business use and basic home PC owner needs like word proccessing, internet browsing, and other low demanding applications like that. Although it will run high end applications such as video and image editing and games, you will see a much larger performance increase with the Athlon in said applications.

The cache is like memory that is built into the proccesor, and is used during memory refresh periods and before the proccesor has to go to the memory to access data. Basically, the cache is the fastest way a proccesor can access information, and with a larger cache, it can proccess more information without having to go to the memory and hard drive.

I would go with the Athlon 2500+ over the Sempron any day, unless a budget plays a factor here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom