Buy now or later?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyanide

Solid State Member
I have about $500 aus. in my bank account. And the total cost for my pc is around $2200. I will be getting money slowly as I am only 14 years old. Should I buyparts as i get enough money or buy all hte parts together when i hvae enough money?
If i should buy ht eparts asi go along, in what order should i buy them?

You should buy the parts all at once if possible so you still have everything in warrenty when you finally build the computer. if you find a deal that is so amazing that you can't pass it up then you should get it. The problem with saving up money like that is when you finally have enough money for your computer you find out that a newer and better technology is out there and you save up more money for it and then the whole cycle starts over again. you should work off of a budget. save up another 500 and then see what you can build from that.

I would buy it all at once, as you will save money on postage and packaging. Also by the time you saved up the money to buy it all at once, there would be better technology out.

I brought the odd thing before i brought it all at once, well one item, which was xp pro, as i couldn't say no to the deal I had on it :p

i recoment that u buy it all at once. and just as trifid said, technology will be getting better, so save that money and keep wishing.

Yes, buying all at once prevents the older parts in your computer from bottlenecking the new ones. You'll be much more satisfied with the result of entire new hardware.

I recall a few months ago someone asked me to install a 9800 Pro in an older motherboard that only supported AGP 4x. He came back a week later and said he didn't notice much difference at all between that card and his old geforce 2!

Yeah what the rest of them said, plus if you buy a part now that part will depreciate in price, so basicly you'll waste 50% of the money by buying it now. What kind of computer do you have right now?

Again, buy all together, unless you find an insane deal that you really think is worth it. I got my eVGA GT off ebay for $340(still less than today) a month before I built this computer and all worked out.

I would buy all together because i bought some parts early and when i finally put my pc together those parts sucked.

My 100TH post . WOOHOO!!!

Dont buy all at once, just buy hardware togather at once. Even if you did buy it all at once, it will still be out dated. If you can offered to buy it withen 2 months then your good. I suggest getting many parts togather. Such as buy your processor and mobo at once. Then your video card and sound card. Then a case keyboard and mouse. Ect. Just make sure it dont end in hella long time. Thats if you cant offered to get it all at once. Dont kill yourself over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom