I Have Had It With This Crap Ati!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except the few 'I just got a 6600GT and its having problems, NVIDIA SUCKS!' threads in which generally it's because of something else in their system and not the card...also people forget to take into consideration some brands of a specific card are better than others. IE eVGA is way better than chaintech IMO

Yeah none of these people complaining have an eVGA card. Which ironically comes most recommended by the members here...

Yeah, eVGA is the best brand for Nvidia cards. For some reasoun I dont really like XFX.

My X800 Pro is the Visiontek version. That couldn't have anything to do with it could it? From what it sounds like, there is a serious OpenGL problem with the X800 Pro.

Hey 4W43k, I used a radeon 7500 in my rig with the same processor as you to play half life two, and I got very playable, smooth of course on low settings.

beedubaya said:
From what it sounds like, there is a serious OpenGL problem with the X800 Pro.

No there isn't. Install the OpenGL package and dependancies. A friend of mine had the exact same problem that u are having. He installed the package and dependancies and now he never drops below 80 FPS in Doom 3.

SanToast said:
No there isn't. Install the OpenGL package and dependancies. A friend of mine had the exact same problem that u are having. He installed the package and dependancies and now he never drops below 80 FPS in Doom 3.

But, if you spend $400+ on a video card, you should NOT have to do that. I never installed anything other than the regular drivers for my 5900xt, and I got fps much higher than 8, and I didn't have to do anything. with nvidia cards, you don't have to install some crazy hard to find package to run direct3d, do you?

no, and that is one plus for nvidia, the fact that you don't need to install anything else except the drivers.

SanToast said:

what is that and where do you find it?

Yeah SanToast thought you were supposed to be putting together this big comprehensive thing for beedub concerning those elusive 'packages' to fix his problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom