Keylogger headache

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreakvillePcz

Solid State Member
Ok, So heres the deal, I have a client who decided to put Winspy on her Pc. Well, either she mistyped the password when she installed the program or she cant remember what she used as her password. At any rate, she locked out of winspy and cant stop the logger.

I had her run hijack this and i searched the log file but since it is a keylogger program and designed to run hidden I cant find it listed there.

Any Ideas how to crack this thing and shut it down? she has the Pc and i'm not even about to tell her to open the registry file

I've got to be out of my mind for even doing this but...

Uh, why did you do this to her machine in the first place? If you could give us even one solid reason why you would need to put a keylogger on someone's machine, we might consider helping you...maybe...right now it's more hysterical cackling...

Have her post the HiJack This in the HiJack This (analyze) forum...we can get an expert in there to help her. Liz

watchit people, this seems a little fishy and borderline no-no, just my friendly advice for what its worth.

jaksback said:
watchit people, this seems a little fishy and borderline no-no, just my friendly advice for what its worth.
Read my first post to him. I've already asked him to tell us what's up with him putting a keyreader on her machine. If he doesn't respond with a good reason, we can ditch this thread.

I'm having trouble thinking of good reasons for a keylogger, but I'm willing to give the benifit of the doubt. Otherwise, chalk this up to the "No Help for You" closed category.

Guy's read what he said first,he said it's for one of his client's so stop jumping to conclusion's;)

FreakvillePcz said:
Ok, So heres the deal, I have a client who decided to put Winspy on her Pc. Well, either she mistyped the password when she installed the program or she cant remember what she used as her password. At any rate, she locked out of winspy and cant stop the logger.

yeah its real easy to say its "for one of my clients"

just like its easy to say "one of my clients lost their XP cd key and we need to get that key"

cmon!!!!

in fact it would be the best answer for a situation like this to just reformat and reinstall......keyloggers are a pain and the only way to truly thoroughly remove them would be to do just that----start anew.....

i am going to allow this thread to go on just to see where it goes.....

Re: Re: Keylogger headache

Shumway said:
Guy's read what he said first,he said it's for one of his client's so stop jumping to conclusion's;)
Yeah, I'm sure it is one of his "clients" so we don't need to be curious, right?

Come on...have some coffee...can we slap you around a little? :)

The fact that he's using a keylogger is suspicious in the first place. Then, regardless of who he's using it on, I want a valid reason for it. I don't support spying and hacking.

This supposed person isn't even an employee, it's a client.

I'm not budging until he gives us some kind of valid reason, especially since this is borderline-illegal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom