Cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.

gammacrush2000

Baseband Member
my case is butt-ugly, but thhe system inside is heating up.
I was wondering , will it be ok to open my case for a better air flow while i over-clock?

Yah, sure, its actually much better, my case is always open, but youll get more dust, not that you have to clean it constantly, cause the dust never bothered me, but it gets ugly :/.
Anyways, open it up, its MUCH better for air flow, but beware of dust particles..hehe.

For now, keep it open, but of course, as noted above, be aware of dust buildup. I would suggest, for improving the airflow of the case, is to either buy some case fans (at least 1 intake + 1 exhaust), if there are mount points available, or you can also "tube" your IDE cables (or switch to using round cables). If there is no space for fans, then you may want to get a new case altogether if you want to keep the side panels closed.

If ya got some extra coin I'd opt for a new case depending on how old your box is. If it's more than 2-3 years it's probably got a small power supply, 250-300 Watts & no fan access. Not enough fan access anyway unless ya want to get out the saw. A hundred bucks will buy a pretty good case. Nothing fancy but real workable. Good Luck:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom