overclock temp opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RangerXero

In Runtime
As im typing this im running prim95 as suggested by Nubius to load the cpu , im running a athlon 64 2800+ clawhammer 512kb OC'd to 2007 mhz done by uping the FSB to 223, current temp with 100 % cpu load for like 10 to 15 mins now is holding steady at 54 to 56 c with stock cooling . Does this seem ok for stock cooling ? opinions wanted , dont feel like damageing the cpu seems i just bought it not to long ago.

hmmm thats pretty cool , much cooler then mine , your house pretty cold? lol .

Are you runing the stock heat sink and fan , and are the extra fans just case fans? i have 1 exhaust fan in back of the case and 1 fan on the side of case blowing into a funnel directly on to the cpu fan / heat sink.

it is a bit cool here, which is why i think my comp get's to run so cold.....though when i do bring it to my buddies it only runs about 2 degrees off on average....

yup, stock fan/sink and the thermal pad that came with it.
i've got a front fan blowing in, a side fan blowing in (center of the side) and the back fan sucking out...

fyi.....i ran the test for 22 min and it didn't get above 47C

u really need to run prime for about 30-40min to get an accurate load temp cos after 15-20 minutes the cpu won't have had a chance to heat up the case so u really don;t no. i have a winni 3200 and after 5hours of prime with the 3200 oced to 2.4ghz (stock voltage) i was getting 48-50 changing as the fan changed in speed

56C is aright. It's definitely not bad or anything, but it's not necessarily insanely cool.

Intels run cooler though so I would expect Countdowns to be cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom