Vga Oc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sh0r_ty

Daemon Poster
If i were to oc my 6600GT to 600mhz core and 1200mhz mem would that mean that i would be running it almost as fast as a 6800GT beacause with the 128 bus and 8 piplines it does half as much with each clock. am i right?

No it wouldn't comparing even close really. The GT has 16 pipelines as you know so that'd give it an incredible advantage regardless of the same core/memory speeds. Also keep in mind that the cores architectures are different so that would play a role in the speed

but the 6800GT only runs at 325mhz core so i was thinking that mine would be almost double so that would mean that the 8piplines were refreshed almost 2wice as quick as the 16pipelines of the 6800GT and the 128 bit bus would have more chances so it would be the equivilent of a 256 bit bus. i know im probebly wrong i just wanna find out where my logic is flawed

i think of it like comparing an overclocked 2400+ @ 3200 speeds to a normal 3200. The real thing is just better, because the structure was built to run at that speed.

Yeah, but OC it is still a good idea. Pipelines and the speeds they run at are completely different.

Yep, im going to OC that baby up. I got alot going on with my case modd's. I just got my 3 120mm fans i ordered along with my fan controler that sleeps in my drive bay. I have 2 120mm fans with 126-CFM and the other is 108-CFM.

Im going to have 6 120mm fans togather. 3 intake 3 exhaust. My lower CFM 120mm fans will be intake, while the others occupy exhaust. Im also getting a second fan controler, witch will sleep in one of my floppy drive bays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom