first time overclockin......

Status
Not open for further replies.

CntdwnToExtn

Fully Optimized
so...i'm bored right now, so i figured, hey...what the heck, let's try it out....don't need the speed cause you dn't have the graphics to play games good, but....

anyway.....

started with 1.8ghz @ 1.5v...cpu clock at 200

i'm now sittin' at 2.03ghz @ 1.525v..cpu clock at 225

i put the clock up to 230 w/ 1.550v & 1.6v but the system would just restart....1.550v woudln't even finish loading window's and 1.6v would load window's but i would try to load sandra and it would just restart....
should the voltage be increased more if i was to clock higher than 225???

my temp went from 31C at idle to 34C-35C at idle w/ stock cooling...well...help with 3 other case fans i guess.....but stock cup fan and thermal pad....

i've got a 350watt psu.....my 12V is runnin' kinda shitty though....sandra just gave me a result of 11.49.....:(

Yeah sounds like you need probably close 1.7v to get it completely stable.

You are locking the AGP:pCI Bus at 66:33MHz right?

Also are you keeping your RAM at a 1:1 because if you are, you're overclocking that as well so you will need to play with the RAM timings to get that stable before you can tackle the CPU.

Newbie question here, what tools/software does it require to overclock your CPU?

Question for Nubius: Have you got anything overclocked in your rig?

okay...as i said before...this is my first time overclockin'......so this is probably a dumb question.....
so i know i have to change my ram timings.....where do i do that? i've chcked my bios and i've only found voltage for my ram...nothing about timings or anything....

CntdwnToExtn, the RAM is clocked too high. Set the RAM to DDR333.

The RAM was rated at 200 Mhz (DDR400).

CPU clocked at 2.03 Mhz (225 x 9 = 2.03 Ghz):

With the RAM set to DDR400, you have the RAM clocked at 225 Mhz.

- 25 Mhz overclock.

With the RAM set to DDR333, you have the RAM clocked at 191 Mhz.

- 09 Mhz underclock.

CPU clocked at 2.25 Mhz (250 x 9 = 2.25 Ghz):

With the RAM set to DDR400, your RAM will be clocked at 250 Mhz.

- 50 Mhz overclock.

With the RAM set to DDR333, your RAM will be clocked at 216 Mhz.

- 16 Mhz overclock.

that would be 17amps on the 12v

nubius told me last night i think, that it was runnin' lower than okay....

and i fully understand about switching my ram to 333.......but i don't know where to set it....

Was yours running around 11.5 or what?

That's around borderline OK, meaning it could cause instabilities, but I've known some people who swear they've never had troubles with it, but I don't necessarily think they were OC'in.

Also countdown, it could simply be your motherboard isn't made for OC'ing so it won't have all the RAM timings like an OC-Capable board would have.

Question for Nubius: Have you got anything overclocked in your rig?
Of course :D

CPU: Stock 1.8GHz - OC'd to 2.5GHz
RAM: Stock DDR400 - OC'd DDR470 (for now, gonna push it more once it has time to burn in ;) )
GPU: Stock 400/500 - OC'd 500/545

Although since my format I haven't bumped my card back up yet. It's just an FX 5700 so it doesn't make an insane difference on games like HL2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom