firefox and stopzilla

Status
Not open for further replies.

AND_YOU_ARE

Fully Optimized
I switched over to firefox from ie and i cant seem to get stopzilla to block popups like it used to in ie. I had sz ask me before a new window opened, even if i clicked on the link to make that window open. I liked how that worked and am wondering how I go about making it work like this with firefox.

Thanks

Search the Mozilla site for pop-up blocker extensions, and see if one of them has the option. Or get another browser ;)

yes, Firefox does block pop-ups.
go to Tools > Options, then click Web Features on the left side and check the box that says block popups.
From then on, when a site tries to open a popup, a small bar will appear at the top of the page telling you that Firefox has blocked it, you can click it for more options - such as allowing it to open.

i thought it was on by default?

i think firefox has a great popup blocker feature.

AND_YOU_ARE said:
I have the box checked, but when i click on a link in tf a window pops up with out that box poping up telling me its blocked.

"tf" ??

it sounds like you are talking about not being able to get tabs to work.... to get new tabs to open when you click them, go into the options and make sure you have configured tabbed browsing.

otherwise, if you're still getting popups, check which sites you have allowed popups from. maybe you allowed popups from that site, so now, its not going to ask you - it will just open it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom