shrinking a jpg for email

Status
Not open for further replies.

icematt

Beta member
Hi, a friend of mine is trying to send a picture by email. However, the file size of this JPG is almost 2 mbs. She is using XP
On my computer (XP also) I right click on the picture and select SEND TO -> MAIL RECIPIENT. Then there is an option to shrink the file smaller or leave it at its normal size. BTW, we are both using Outlook Express. Thsi works flawlessly fo rme and shrinks a 2 mb file in to a few hundred kb instead.

My friend tries this same sequence also but instead of giving her the option to shrink the file down, it goes straight into OE as an attachment and is the original size of 2mb.

How can she change the setting to allow her to shrink the file down in size?

I appreciate the time everyone takes to read this and for the assistance you can give me!
Thank you
Matt

Open the picture up in paint or some other image editing software, and change the file-type from .jpeg to .gif this will result in losing quality but will reduce the filesize.

I was sure somebody else would have come across this error. Is it new to people...?
Hmmm. Could it possibly be a seting in OE?
Or a setting in XP that I can turn on or off?
Any ideas?

just compress it....if you have microsoft office picture manager...just open it in there and click on pictures...then compress picture....look at the tab on the right hand side...click compress for emial...hit okay....and bam!!! before you know it.....you've got a small file size.

i would just zip it.
if a file is to big,you can use winrar and split it up with the rar format.
it wont touch the original file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom