does anyone know what to do about an "error 1607?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antimullet

Baseband Member
I'm trying to reinstall iTunes because the hard drive I had it on stopped working. now when I try to install it, I get "error 1607: unable to install InstallShield Scripting Runtime." I would really, really like to know what that means, and what I can do to fix it, if someone knows or knows how to find out. thanks :D

well, I did take one look at that particular page earlier, and I tried all the solutions except one: the first. the first says I need to fix ISScript.msi, but to do that, I have to download, unzip, and install a file. when I try to do that, I get a new error message: Error 1327. Invalid Drive: D:\. When I looked around InstallShield for that, I got this address:

http://consumer.installshield.com/kb.asp?id=Q110636

unfortunately, that does nothing for me, too. does anyone know if I might be having problems because my computer is trying to shove everything on a drive that doesn't exist? because that would appear to be the case, I guess. if anyone has input, I'd appreciate it

...even if you don't know exactly what to do about the situation, does anything raise any flags for anyone? I mean, I'm relatively in the dark, and I'm just wonderin if I'm going to need to just back stuff up and start over if I want to do something as simple as install iTunes...

It seems like the installsheild is corrupted. When you do a search for it, it brings up certain applications that give that same error. So I think it's the Installsheild.

so, then, what do I have to do to fix installshield? is there something I can do short of backing up important stuff and reinstalling windows?

You might wanna try this. Go to program files, common files folders, then delete the install sheild folder, then try to install something.

It sounds like the logical thing to do at this point is to backup
and then reinstall your OS, programs, updates etc.

If I remember right you were having troubles with other programs
looking for your D drive and you thought you might have one or
another hardware problems. This is a good time to do an early
spring cleaning and start fresh-clean slate.

I would say even if you get things up and running I would reinstall
anyway. It seems like there is a lot of program baggage. Run a
registry cleaner and clean up any references to programs that
were removed with the D drive. Something keeps pointing your
installations to D. Remove all instances of your old Installshield,
reinstall InstallShield and try to force it to install to C.

This is a good time to learn but if your patience is running out
I would start fresh with a new OS etc.

I did end up using "find" to find all keys related to "d:\", and I deleted them all. luckily, that seemed to fix the problem. about uninstalling installshield, I think that seems unnecessary, because now everything I've tried installing has worked. thanks for the ideas, though. if I end up running into another problem, trust me, I'll be back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom