WinXp cannot recognize my NTFS 200gb HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

madking153

In Runtime
hi, i use Win2000 to partition my new 200gb HD and partition it with NTFS format .Then i copy lots of data and mp3 in it . After that i format my old HD( the one with WIn2000) and install WinXP Pro

Now i try to browse my 200GB HD with WInXP - it ask me to format it ,why is it happen , isn't it support NFTS ?

SO wat should i do - i dont want to lose my data - or should i download Service pack 2 ?

PLs advice thanks

with winxp,you should have sp2.it will make xp support drives bigger then 137GB.

so wat happen ? I format and partition with WIn 2000 , but Win XP cannot recognize my new HD - it ask me to format !!!

Hold on a second, are you trying to INSTALL xp on this drive, or just VIEW it on a current XP install.

no no - i use Win 2000 ( in old HD) to format and partition my new 200Gb HD - , then i format the old HD and install WinXp - then it ask me to format the New HD- but i got data inside

One thing I can think of. Go to my computer and right click on your hard drive that has XP, make sure it is formatted in NTFS and not FAT.

Josh

Windows2000 uses NTFS 3.0 and WinXP uses 3.1, but it should work. You might have to create a user account with the same name and password as you used in Win2000.

I am sure that i format the HD with NTFS format - i copy quite some data inside ...

I didnt use any password in both Windows..
I partition it into 3 parts ..Now in WinXp - only see one and it ask me to format this HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom