RangerXero

In Runtime
Chipset
• VIA® K8T800 Chipset
- HyperTransport connection to AMD Next Generation of CPU
- 8 or 16 bit control/ address. data transfer both directions
- 800/600/400/200MHz "Double Data Rate" operation both direction
- AGP v3.0 compliant with 8X transfer mode

Now what im looking at is the >>>- 800/600/400/200MHz "Double Data Rate" operation both

I simply dont understand it , am I running at 800 mhz HT or what?

I only have ddr400 ram or does that have anything to do with it?

Im running a Athlon 64 2800+ is that what this is refering to?

Ok , so i looked in cpu z and it says my htt is running at 200 mhz , so how do i get that upto 800 mhz seems the boards suports that, or is that cpu dependant?

I do believe that is refering to the hypertransport capabilities of your motherboard. Judging by the highest frequency, I am assuming you have a socket 754 due to the fact that they have a maximum bandwidth of 1600mhz.

To clarify, you are running at 200mhz double data rate, meaning that information is sent and recieved from your memory to your proccesor at double that rate, or 400mhz.

ya its a socket 754 , so how on earth do i get the 1600 mhz out of it , faster cpu ? I would say faster ram but i can only run ddr 400 .

Another thing , I went to a socket 754 becouse of the fact that socket A is pretty much gone , and athlon xp cpu's are no longer being made , now reading around this site it seems that socket 754 is also old school , that really sucks seems i just spent 300 bucks on the cpu and mobo and really should have gone with 939 instead , wich would have cost me alot more but has a longer future ahead of it.

It will indeed need faster RAM in order to reach bandwidth of 1600mhz.

Basically, the HTT (theoritically the FSB) is determined by the speed of the memory. Since your memory is DDR400 (400mhz), the HTT can only communicate data to and from the proccesor and memory at that speed, so your HTT is bottlenecked to 400mhz.

In order to achieve the full benefits of the 1600mhz bandwidth, you will need memory of that same speed, or DDR1600, which is simply unheard of at this point and time.

Ok thank you for the reply , very helpfull, still makes no sence why they would advertise somthing that isnt even acheivable .

Eh, it's all about futureproofing and setting the stage for newer technology to make it's entranced.

In order for new hardware to be introduced, there always has to be a platform for it to work on or else it wouldn't be developed or no one would buy it. It makes more sense to put in HTT that has headroom for faster RAM in the future than bring out faster RAM that has no platform to take advantage of its faster speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom