MMJB startup programs

Status
Not open for further replies.

AND_YOU_ARE

Fully Optimized
I run Music Match Jukebox, as my music player. Im not looking for any other media player, so dont tell me to switch to itunes or anything else. My question is, is it necessary to have the following two programs start up with windows every time?

mmtask
mm_tray

Or can I disable them so that they are not on the list of programs to start up with windows? Do i loose anything when I disable them?

Thanks.

right click on tray icon. the option to remove it from the start up is there.

it won't harm anything. it will free up unnecessary used resources.

So mmjb wont be any different with out those two programs in the start up? They dont use much of my resources, but the fewer programs running the better.

You can go to msconfig and disable them from there. Ususally when you disable them from the taskbar, they come back after you reboot.

Warez Monster said:
You can go to msconfig and disable them from there. Ususally when you disable them from the taskbar, they come back after you reboot.

musicmatch, quicktime and realone player (their message center) will put it back if you don't disable them manually.

AND_YOU_ARE

it won't make a difference. When I install jukebox. I pick the custom install and uncheck there so it will never come up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom